Zambezi Case Study
Zambezi Case Study nuts was a small agricultural cooperative, recently developed in the Zambezi Valley in Zimbabwe. In previous years much time had been spent selecting and clearing a site and putting in cashew nut trees and a service road. The trees had now reached maturity. Although the domestic market was attractive, the cost of production and the quality of the nuts meant that far higher returns could be gained by selling the nuts on the international market.
The cooperative provided employment for about twenty small scale growers with a hectare each. Irrigation was in place.
The coop itself had collection, grading and bulk packing facilities but no packaging facilities. It employed ten workers, a supervisor and general manager. It had two one tonnetrucks, which collected from farms and distributed from the coop. The company had no experience at all in selling its produce overseas.
Critically analyse the case using relevant theory and suggest Zambezi nuts what should they consider before deciding on an exporting operation?
-Market Entry Strategies (Theory)
-Case Study (International market)
-What should they consider?
Culture, Exporting operation, Direct/Indirect , Entry restrictions, Trade Barriers
Zambezi Case Study
1400 words in length. Your answer should exhibit evidence of reading with appropriate examples to highlight the points that you make in the text. The assignment should be appropriately referenced and structured. Maximum length 1400(+ or -10%) words excluding appendices and reference..
Structure of the assignment:
Your report should contain the following:
- Title Page, including the given title in full.
- Contents Page
- Main body, which should be organised into numbered sections under appropriate headings.
- Appendices, which should be numbered.
- Reference list/Bibliography
- Word count; excluding the Abstract, Contents page, appendices and reference list/bibliography
- Its compulsory to Turnitin your work
Formatting the report
- The report should be word processed on A4 size paper with 12 font size, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing.
- Pages should be numbered.