Unit 01 Contemporary Industry
1.3 Assess the role of hospitality related organisations and professional bodies.
2.2 Discuss the roles, responsibilities and qualification requirements for hospitality staff.
3.1 Analyse operational, managerial and legislative issues resulting from recent developments affecting the hospitality industry. (400 words). Evaluate the pros and cons of?these??to??businesses??with??conclusions?.?P9?
4.2 Produce an impact analysis for the predicted trends and developments. Critically analyse?the??implications??to??businesses??P12
1.1 Analyse the current scale, scope and diversity of the hospitality industry. (400 words) ?industry and discuss the current image of the hospitality industry??(1.1,??3.2)
1.2 ?. Discuss organisational structures giving as example two London hospitality businesses??(1.2)?(400??words)?
Organizational structures can be defined based on different aspects of the organization. These include the ownership structure, functional areas or the bureaucracy in different levels of the hotel. This chart below uses the functional areas??to??define??organizational??structures??of??a??typical??hotel.
- such type of organizational structure there are different types of positions which are pre-defined. These are the formal positions which define the hierarchy of positions of the individuals in an organization The hierarchical organizational structure defines the numbers of the positions in an organization the distributed authority and responsibility. There are a numbers of benefits of hierarchical organization?structure:?
- Authority: In this type or organization? structure the people have clearly defined authority and they know what they are accountable for and to whom they have to report? This helps in smooth execution of work in an organization as everyone
- Communication:The? one of the greatest advantages of hierarchical organization structure is that the communication is quite effective as everyone knows their role and they also have quite an effective reporting system which makes them able to
- Centralization:The? hierarchical organization structure also helps to maintain a certain degree of centralization in an organization. The critical decisions and important?strategies??are??thus??defined??by??the??leaders??of??the??organization?.
- Functional Organizational Structure:This? is the most common type of organization structure of the restaurants. The functional organization structure is the simplest yet effective organization structure. In this structure the employees are grouped according to the tasks that they have to perform. The strengths of this structure are:
- Specialization: The functional organization structure defines the tasks of an organization according to the specialization. This helps in making the employees able to be specialised in their field as the longer they are associated with the same?type??of??work??the??more??they??become??effective??and??expert?.
- Simple: This type of organizational structure is simple and thus this is the reason that it becomes easy for the individuals to understand their role in the organization as well as this structures is also very helpful in increasing the productivity of the company because the specialization leads to the enhancement
1.3 Assess the roles of hospitality related organisations and professional bodies with examples (400 words)?. M1 – To achieve M1 you must demonstrate that you have used an effective approach to study and research which has been applied to assess the role of hospitality related organisations and professional??bodies??(AC??1.3)
2.1 ?As an introduction to your role play, assess the staffing requirements of different hospitality??sectors??(AC??2.1).??For??this??part??you??may??have??appropriate??visual??support.
2.2 ?Create a role play that discusses ?the roles, responsibilities responsibilities and qualification
M3 – To achieve M3 you need to create the visual support for the introduction of the role play using appropriate media and to effectively communicate and engage with??the??audience??during??the??whole??activity.
3.1 Analyse operational, managerial and legislative issues resulting from recent developments affecting the hospitality industry. (400 words). Evaluate the pros and cons of these to businesses with conclusions. (250-400?words??–??Optional)?
4.1 ?Present justified predictions for potential trends and developments in hospitality (4.1) and produce an impact analysis for the predicted trends and developments (4.2). M2 – To achieve M2 you must demonstrate that you have synthesised and processed complex information/data to support the key elements
D1 – To achieve D1 you need to demonstrate that your conclusions are the result of through synthesis??of??ideas??and??they??have??been??justified
D2 – To achieve D2 you need to prove the importance of interdependence between different elements??within??all??the??following??assessment??criteria:??1.1,??1.3,??2.1,??3.1
D3 – To achieve D3 you need to display originality, convergent and lateral thinking while presenting??and??justifying??trends??and??their??development??in??hospitality??industry.??(LO4)
Unit 01 Contemporary Industry
Personal?Development??Plan? Student’s?Name??and??ID??:? Date: