This is a solution of Networking Fundamentals Assignment in which we discuss Developing Networking IT strategy can help your company cope with aging systems and limited resources that can lead to fragmented IT solutions.
|Purpose of the assessment (with|
|This assignment assesses the basic concepts of networking; students should be able to demonstrate their achievements in the following unit learning outcomes:|
a. Explain the principles of networking protocols and standards;
b. Identify reference models and layered architectures in networking
|Due Date||Week 6 – Wednesday – 22/08/2018 11:55PM|
|Submission Guidelines||• All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.|
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2.54 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using IEEE referencing style.
|Extension||? If an extension of time to submit work is required, a Special Consideration Application must be submitted directly on AMS. You must submit this application three working days prior to the due date of the assignment.|
Further information is available at:
|? Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from the course or rescinding the degree. Students should make themselves familiar with the full policy and procedure available at:http://www.mit.edu.au/about-mit/institute-publications/policiesprocedures-and-guidelines/Plagiarism-Academic-Misconduct-Policy-|
Procedure.For further information, please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.
The School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering at University of Leeds, Leeds UK had gone through a partial renovation. The school has five floors. The first three floors were recently renovated. Now, according to new layout, the ground floor has a reception room with five desks, foyer for students, and a lecture hall. The first floor has a computer cluster with fifty PCs, a Basic Electronics Laboratory with 20 workstations with computer facility, a lecture hall, and five staff offices. The second Floor has two research laboratories for PhD students and postdoctoral researchers. The Research Laboratory-1 has twelve desks and the research Laboratory-2 has fifteen desks. This floor also has six staff offices and a meeting room. All desks (at reception, laboratories, offices), lecture halls need two data points each to connect to the internet. Every floor needs a wireless connectivity to enable the students and staff to connect to the Internet.
The school now requires a new LAN architecture for these floors. Further, the new LAN has also to connect with the LAN setup of other floors. Imagine you are the network manager of the school and you are required to write a report with the following sections:
- An introduction section
- To address the interoperability issue for seamless connectivity to each floor you must discuss the OSI layered architecture, its history, the functioning of each layer
- Comparison of the OSI protocol suite with the TCP/IP protocol suite
- Explain the protocols working at OSI layers, their functionalities, and their standardising bodies
- This LAN network requires both wired and wireless connectivity. Provide a comparative analysis of appropriateness of different media types which may be used to enable network connectivity.
- A summary section
- References must follow IEEE Transaction on networking style.
Marking Criteria for the Assignment 1:
Marks are allocated as described in the following table.
|Sections||Description of the section||Marks|
• Outline of the report
|OSI Model||Discuss Interoperability, the OSI model, Its history, and functionality of each layer|
• Discuss Interoperability
• Discuss the OSI model, draw the OSI layered
architecture, Discuss its history
• The functionality of each layer
|Comparison of OSI and|
|A detailed comparison of OSI and TCP/IP models with:|
• Diagrams of both OSI and TCP/IP models
• Layer by layer mapping of both models
|Protocols at every Layer||The protocols working at OSI layers, their functionalities, and their standardising bodies|
• Identify at least one protocol working at each layer
• Briefly discuss the functionality of the selected protocols
• Identify the standardising bodies for the discussed protocols
|Comparative Analysis of|
|A comparative analysis of appropriateness of different media types that may be used to enable network connectivity|
• Discuss different types of media suitable for the above scenario (with illustrations)
• Carry out the comparative analysis of media types recommended in terms of speed, cost, and security
(Use table for the comparison)
|Summary||A summary section|
? Summarise the overall contributions of the report
|References||References must be cited in IEEE style|
• Must consider at least five current references from journal/conference papers and books.
• Must follow IEEE Transactions on Networking style
Example Marking Rubric for Assignment #: Total Marks 60
|Grade Mark||HD 80%+||D 70%-79%||CR 60%-69%||P|
|Introduction is very well written with very clear background, and the report outline||Introduction is well written with clear discussion and the report outline.||Introduction is generally presented in good fashion with the report outline||Introduction is presented briefly with some relevance and missing the report outline||Poor|
Introduction with irrelevant details
|In-depth and very clear discussion about Interoperability, OSI model , and its history||Very clear discussion about Interoperability, OSI model, and its history||Generally good discussion about Interoperability, OSI model, and its history||Brief discussion about|
Interoperability, OSI model, and its history
|Poor discussion with irrelevant information|
|Comparison of OSI and TCP/IP models|
|A very clear and in-depth layer by layer comparison of two models with proper diagrams||Very clear layer by layer comparison of two models with proper diagrams||Generally good layer comparison of two models with diagrams||Brief layer comparison of two models without diagrams||Poor discussion with irrelevant information|
|Grade Mark||HD 80%+||D 70%-79%||CR 60%-69%||P|
|Protocols at every Layer|
|A very clear and accurate discussion about at least one protocol at every layer with their standardizing bodies||A clear discussion about at least one protocol at every layer with their standardizing bodies||Generally good discussion about at least one protocol at every layer without discussing their standardizing bodies||Brief Discussion of Protocols at every layer with some relevance||Poor discussion with irrelevant information|
|An in-depth and very clear comparative analysis of media Types with illustrations||very clear|
Comparative analysis of media types with illustrations
|Generally good Comparative analysis of media types with some illustrations||Brief analysis of media types||Irrelevant discussion|
|A section very clearly summarizing the overall contribution||A section clearly summarizing the overall contribution||Generally good summary of the report||Brief summary of the report with some relevance||Summary not|
relating to the
|Clear styles with excellent source of references||Clear referencing/ style||Generally good referencing/style||Unclear referencing/style||Lacks consistency with many errors|
Free Assignment Help provide assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us,Order Now
Idaho Internet Directory