Culture Diversity Assignment Help
Culture Diversity Assignment Help Every Organisation needs an ,organisation Motivational which helps in facilitating ,cultural diversity. It needs to be adopted ,effectively and efficiently so as to enable ,,personnel which hail from diverse, cultures so that they can be assimilated effectively, This will also reduce the different yet challenging effects of social alignment of diverse groups within a company so that they can utilize the range of related benefits. If Organizations group work force diversity training as well as development initiatives, they can help in enhancing the company’s commitment to move towards increase in their overall performance (O’Leary & Weathington 2006).
With the globally varying demographics, having an increased workforce diversity in the work place will always have a major effect on the work place along with on the individual professionals who work within it. People will learn new lines of thinking, understand each other’s different points of view which will help to create innovative solutions which might not have otherwise come to life. The same applies to both managers as well as employees.
The Organisational culture also helps in deciding how the company will operate on a day to day basis, as per the basic structure of the company. Academicians have also explained that any company culture can be different from others as they can be structured or unstructured. A friendly or very much market related culture helps on focusing on results only but neglects friendliness among individual employees. It is important for any organisation to understand its culture so that the proper direction for alignment of diverse work force with culture can be chalked out. Also, input should also be taken from individual employees about the future organisation vision and mission so that they can allow top reward management to make up an Business environment which will help the organisational culture to get along with diverse work force. This is a very difficult as well as a considerably long term procedure for organisations to take care after doing an in-depth analysis about their cultural and diverse compositions. They should also develop an understanding about the most basic cultural principles. This will help them to build an organisational culture which encompasses a diverse work force so as to propel the organisational ahead towards heightened success (Fujimoto, Hartel & Azmat 2013).
In the Global work force, every shifting demographics have stressed the need for having cultural work force diversity in the work place which increases the value of speaking more languages. While we work with other work professionals which hail from various cultural backgrounds, this can provide motivation for both managers as well as employees so that they can embrace learning newer languages like Spanish or Mandarin so that they can better communicate with all of their co-workers, direct reported as well as clients.
When various working professionals are very much immersed in a culturally diverse working team, they will be very much more likely to be surrounded by peers which will have equal or higher work caliber, which will greatly improve the overall Sturcure organization’s success rate. When working teams are very much more homogeneous, the talent pool will automatically shrink. This will automatically mean that employees as well as managers need to have higher abilities. They are also forced to work with all individuals who may not be on their similar professional level. This will automatically slow down their team performance as well as decrease their individual employee level engagement. Whenever they have a wider net for cast, every employer will have a higher number of talented professionals which can help grow their teams. This will not only benefits the company, but also their individual team members (Fujimoto, Hartel & Azmat 2013).
Guiding Principles for managing culture, equality and diversity
Managing work force diversity in an organization can be defined as “planning as well as implementing Company systems & practices so as to manage individuals. This will have potential advantages of work force diversity which will be maximized while its potential disadvantages will be minimized giving them sustainable competitive advantage (O’Leary & Weathington 2006).
- Managing work force diversity helps to provide a unique yet distinct advantage in challenging times when flexibility & creativity are keys to improve organizational competitiveness. Every company needs to be very much flexible as well as adaptable to meet the ever changing new customer needs.
- Work Force Heterogeneity always promotes creativity. These heterogeneous personnel groups have been giving better solutions to individual and company level problems due to a higher level of critical analysis. This is always an important asset in times when the business environment is undergoing huge change & self-examination so that they can find novel yet effective ways to operate and win (Lockwood 2005).
- With effective management of work force diversity, the companies will develop an employee reputation as an employer of choice. This will give companies the ability to attract the best talent which is present in the shrinking labor pool, this will help them time & money for their recruitment & turnover related costs.
- The organizations need to fulfill their role as a responsible social institution by reflecting the diversity of the people as well as they should meet the ever increasing demand for provision of informed services to their increasing and diverse customer base present globally (Barbosa & Cabral-Cardoso 2007).
The Top ways in which Organisational culture can inculcate Organisational diversity & Managers can help in promoting Work force diversity are
- Company’s Top leadership commitment—The Top leadership should demonstrate a vision for work force diversity which should be communicated throughout the company by the top-level management.
- Work force Diversity should be taken up as a part of an organization’s strategic plan—The Work force diversity strategy as well as plan needs to be developed as well as aligned with the complete organization’s strategic plan.
- Work force Diversity should be linked to performance—Managers should generate an understanding that a highly diverse as well as inclusive work environment can help in yielding higher productivity & can help in improving individual as well as company level performance.
- Diversity Measurement—there should be a set of quantitative as well as qualitative measures which can impact the numerous aspects of overall work force diversity program in an organization.
Culture Diversity Assignment Help
- Accountability—Accountability measures should be taken up which means Company leaders should be held responsible for grooming work force diversity which can be done by linking their performance assessment as well as overall compensation to the specific parameters of the progress of work force diversity led initiatives.
- Succession planning—Also, Company initiatives should be started for an ongoing, strategic process for identification as well as development of a huge talent pool which can be utilized for the company’s future leadership roles (Fujimoto, Hartel & Azmat 2013).
- Recruitment—the Company process to attract as well as retain qualified, diverse applicants for employment should be maintained signaling a diverse Company culture.
- Diversity training—The Organization should also make efforts for informing as well as educating its management & associated staff about how work force diversity is beneficial to the organization (O’Leary & Weathington 2006 )
We can summaries this essay by talking about enhancement in Company ability to attract, retain, as well as motivate employees which hail from a range of cultural backgrounds which may lead to competitive advantages in Company profit & cost structures. This can only be done when managers understand the important of having a diverse work force & the Company culture needs to support them by being inclusive to all so that the highest quality human resources can be attracted & maintained. If Managers further capitalize on these potential benefits of having work force diversity in their employee work force, businesses Countries will gain a healthy & sustainable advantage in different areas like creativity, problem solving, & being flexible so as to adapt to change. The arguments, data, & suggestions which are presented here can be very much useful to companies so that they can build commitment in their work force as well as promote Company culture in which diversity efforts will be groomed for the future.
- Barbosa, I & Cabral-Cardoso, C 2007, ‘Managing diversity in academic Companies: a challenge to Company culture’, Women in Management Review, 22, no. 4, pp. 274 -288.
- Day, R 2007, ‘Developing the multi-cultural organisation: managing diversity or understanding differences?’, Industrial & Commercial Training, 39, no. 4, pp. 214-217.
- Fujimoto, Y, Hartel, EJ & Azmat, F 2013 ‘Towards a diversity justice management model: integrating organization justice & diversity management’,
- Social Responsibility Journal
- , 9, no. 1, pp. 148-166.
- Hicks-Clarke, D & Iles, P 2000 ‘Climate for diversity & its effects on career & organisational attitudes & perceptions’, Personnel Review, 29, no. 3, pp. 3324-345.
- Hoobler, J, Basadur, T & Lemmon, G 2007 ‘Management of a Diverse Work force: Meanings & Practices’, The Journal of Equipment Lease Financing’, Winter, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1-8.
- Iverson, K 2000 ‘Managing for Effective Work force Diversity’, Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, April, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 31-38.
- Kundu, SC 2003 ‘’Work force diversity status: a study of employees’ reactions’, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 103, no. 4, pp. 215-226.
- Kwak, M 2003, ‘The Paradoxical Effects of Diversity’, MIT Sloan Management Review, Spring, pp. 7-8.
- Lewis, S 2001 ‘Restructuring workplace cultures: the ultimate work-family challenge?’, Women in Management Review, 16, no. 1, pp. 21-29.
- Lockwood, N. 2005, Workplace Diversity: Leveraging the Power of Difference for Competitive Advantage. Society for Human Resource Management. Last Accessed on Dec 24, 2013, from freeassignmenthelp.com.shrm.org/research/quarterly/2005/0605RQuart_essay.asp
- O’Leary, BJ & Weathington B.L. 2006 ‘Beyond the Business Case for Diversity in Companies’, Employee Responsibilities & Rights Journal, December, vol. 18, issue 4, pp. 1-10.
- Pless, NM & Maak, T 2004 ‘Building & Inclusive Diversity Culture: Principles, Processes & Practice’, Journal of Business Ethics, 54, pp. 129-147.
- Rajput, N, Marwah, P, Balli, R, & Gupta, M 2013 ‘Managing Multigenerational Work force: Challenge for Millennium Managers’, International Journal of Marketing & Technology, 3, issue 2, pp. 132-149.
- Schacter, D. 2005. The importance of understanding organizational culture. Special Libraries Association. Last Accessed on Dec 24, 2013, from freeassignmenthelp.com.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FWE/is_6_9/ai_n13822461
- Schauber, A. 2001, Effecting Extension Organizational Change toward Cultural Diversity: A Conceptual Framework [Electronic Version]. Extension Journal, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 2-3.
- Stoner, CR & Russell-Chaplin, LA 1997 ‘Creating a Culture of Diversity Management: Moving from Awareness to Action’, Business Forum, Spring-Fall, Vol. 22, No. 2/3, pp. 6-12.
- Willcoxson, L & Millett, B 2000 ‘The Management of Organisational Culture’, Australian Journal of Management & Organisational Behaviour, 3, no. 2, pp. 91-99.
- Wilson, E 2000 ‘Inclusion, exclusion & ambiguity: The role of organisational culture’, Personnel Review, 29, no. 3, pp. 274-303.