BSBWOR501 Manager Professional Development
|Qualification ode/Title||BSB50215 – Diploma of Business|
|Assessment Type||Assessment -01 ( Project)||Time allowed|
|Due Date||Location||AHIC||Term / Year|
|Unit of Competency|
|National Code/Title||BSBWOR501 Manager personal work priorities and Professional Development|
|Student Name||Student ID|
|Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source.||Signature: ____________________________|
|RESULTS (Please Circle)||SATISFACTORY||NOT SATISFACTORY|
Feedback to student:
|Student Declaration: I declare that I have been assessed in this unit, and I have been advised of my result. I am also aware of my appeal rights.|
|Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback.|
|Instructions to the Candidates|
v This assessment is to be completed in class supervised by assessor.
v Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
v If you are not sure about any aspect of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
v Please refer to the College re-submission and re-sit policy for more information.
v If you have questions and other concerns that may affect your performance in the examination please inform the assessor immediately.
Manage personal work priorities
Using a position description, you will set work goals and prioritise work goals. You will then develop two work plans to achieve two work goals. You are required to keep a journal containing your reflections on and explanation of the process of managing work priorities.
- Review your job description and your organisation’s business plans, business goals, policies and procedures.
In your journal, provide a list of the organisation’s policies, procedures and plans that will inform team and personal goal setting.
- Based on your job description (and following your organisation’s business plans, goals, and applicable policies and procedures), establish four to five goals (including both personal and team goals).
In your journal, describe how and why you established goals. Explain the value of personal and team goal-setting in an organisation.
BSBWOR501 Manager Professional Development
- Develop KPIs to measure performance related to work goals.
In your journal, describe:
- How the KPIs will be used to measure goal-related performance.
- How you will maintain performance under varying conditions and contingencies. Give specific examples.
- How, given your own personal strengths and weaknesses, you will capitalise on or minimise the effect of these personal traits in your work plans.
- Consider a range of activities to advance work goals. Prioritise possible activities. Choose two work goals to develop work plans for.
In your journal, describe the process you undertook to prioritise activities. Describe competing demands and how you plan to manage these to achieve goals.
- Referring to the template provided in Appendix 1 as an example, use Microsoft Word to develop two work plans to achieve the two goals you have prioritised.
In your journal, describe the process of developing your plans to manage work priorities. Describe how you have used the plans to manage time efficiently.
- In your journal, describe:
- How you will ensure you serve as a positive role model through work planning and organisation. Give examples. Describe how your work plans serve as examples to follow in your workplace.
- How you will maintain appropriate work–life balance, manage stress and maintain health.
- Submit your position description, work plans and journal to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
Trainer will also provide further explanations on the above instructions in the class which will clearly outline all requirements in more detail and simplistic way according to your understanding level. You may also request your trainer for additional information and may seek help with summarising of all instructions if required.
You must provide:
- a position description
- two work plans produced using Microsoft Word
- a journal.