BSBWOR501 Manager Personal Work
|Qualification Code/Title||BSB50215 – Diploma of Business|
|Assessment Type||Assessment -02 ( Report)||Time allowed|
|Due Date||Location||AHIC||Term / Year|
|Unit of Competency|
|National Code/Title||BSBWOR501 Manager personal work priorities and Professional Development|
|Student Name||Student ID|
|Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source.||Signature: ____________________________|
|RESULTS (Please Circle)||SATISFACTORY||NOT SATISFACTORY|
Feedback to student:
|Student Declaration: I declare that I have been assessed in this unit, and I have been advised of my result. I am also aware of my appeal rights.|
|Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback.|
|Instructions to the Candidates|
v This assessment is to be completed in class supervised by assessor.
v Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
v If you are not sure about any aspect of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
v Please refer to the College re-submission and re-sit policy for more information.
v If you have questions and other concerns that may affect your performance in the examination please inform the assessor immediately.
Assessment-2 (Report writing)
BSBWOR501 Manager Personal Work
Develop and maintain professional competence
You will develop a professional development plan with career objectives and an action plan. To assist in the development of your plan, you are required to seek feedback on your professional competency. You are required to keep a journal containing your refection on, and explanation of, the process of planning professional development.
- Assess your personal knowledge and skills against competency standards such as enterprise specific competencies or nationally endorsed units of competency.
In your journal, describe the process you undertook to assess your professional competency.
- Meet with two people who are familiar with your work and can assess aspects of your professional competency, such as employees, colleagues, clients or supervisors to seek feedback on your work performance. Take notes to submit as evidence of your meeting.
In your journal, describe the meeting, and the questioning and active listening techniques you used to elicit the feedback.
- Using the template provided in Appendix 1, or one from your workplace, develop a professional development plan. You should include:
- development opportunities, such as training; include opportunities to undertake within one year and within five years
- new skills you aim to acquire to achieve or maintain a competitive edge
- planned participation in networks or professional associations to enhance professional development
- timeframes in which to achieve development opportunities, new skills, participation in networks.
In your journal, you should discuss:
- how you analysed and applied feedback to your professional
- the process you undertook to identify, evaluate and select the development opportunities included in your professional development plan – discuss learning styles and application to your planning
- new skills you plan to acquire – explain how acquiring these skills will provide a competitive edge
- examples of networking you have undertaken or are currently undertaking to enhance knowledge, skills or work relationships
- how these plans align to relevant organisational policies and procedures and how they align to organisational goals and your work role.
- Submit your professional development plan, feedback notes and journal to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
Trainer will also provide further explanations on the above instructions in the class which will clearly outline all requirements in more detail and simplistic way according to your understanding level. You may also request your trainer for additional information and may seek help with summarising of all instructions if required.
You must provide:
- a professional development plan
- meeting notes
- a journal.
Appendix 1– Professional development plan
|Date of development||Date to be reviewed|
|o||Discussed with mentor/colleague|
|o||Discussed with manager|
Professional development opportunities/ training
|Timeframe||Description of opportunity/training||Skills/ competency to develop|
|Timeframe||Description of networking activities||Opportunity/professional advantage|