Android Built Emulator Assignment Help
Android has a built-in emulator but it is SLOW — you are better to use a USB cable to connect an Android device to the computer you are using to complete your Android assignment and direct output to the device
- If you do not have an Android device, in week 3 you shall learn about theGenymotion emulator, which is fast; if you do not own an Android device and you need Genymotion now, let me know
- In a browser navigate to the Android Developers site “Building Your First App“
- Right-click/Translate the page to English (you may have to do this for every page)
- Complete “Creating an Android Project” and “Running Your Application” in Android Studio
- Do not just do the steps, read the pages — this content provides valuable information about how Android Studio works
- When you create a new project, make sure you note where the project is stored
- You can skip the command line steps, but they are good to know
- Edit the GradleScripts/build.grade (Module: app) file by changing the minSdkVersion to 21
- You will be prompted to do a Project sync; click the “Sync Now” link
- Open the GradleConsole (bottom right)
- After the sync completes (you’ll see ‘Build Successful’ in GradleConsole), select Build/Rebuild
- Select Run/Run ‘app’ to test your application
- After you have completed the tutorials, find the main project folder\appsubfolder
- Make a new folder and in the new folder and
- Name the folder for your last name and assignment
- Add the srcfolder from your project
- Add the build\outputs\apk\app-debug.apkfile (this is your project executable file)
- Zip the folder
- Attach the zip file to this assignment’s link
This assignment is worth 20 points.
DISCUSSION BOARD (400 words)
MAD Topic #1: Clearwater Industries Inc.
Mr. John Fogerty owns Clearwater Industries Incorporated (CII) and you work for him as a mobile application developer. Mobile application development at CII is happening at a fast pace. These new applications are going to advance John’s business, but he also knows that there needs to be some controls on the development, use, and distribution of mobile applications. John knows that an enterprise mobile strategy for his organization needs to be created. He asks you to write a memo that provides information about topics that should be covered in his company’s mobile strategy.
- You shall write a well written business memo to Mr.Fogerty that covers the issue presented in the overview.
- Your memo shall include properly cited research information from at least two sources; one can be the textbook.