Box 57-00232 Ruiru, Kenya
Date of birth: 15th July, 1984
Language spoken: English and Kiswahili
- Experienced in writing term papers, research papers, articles, short stories, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, research reports, and creative writing.
- Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
- Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
- To get a career that will enable me utilize my knowledge and skills as well as help humanity.
- Finance/ Insurance Manager
- Project Risk Manager
- Positive minded, Adaptive to change, Ambitious, Good communication skills and Flexible.
Summary Of Skills:
- A good team player with good leadership skills.
- Work well with minimal or no supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of computers including the Ms. Office suite and the application packages.
- Excellent communication (both oral and verbal) skills and good report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Sept. 2006 to Dec. 2009 : KENYATTA UNIVERSITY MAIN CAMPUS
Bachelor of Commerce (Actuarial Science Option)
2nd Upper Class Honors (Upper Division).
Jan 2011-Dec 2012 UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
Master in Strategic Management
Passed with Merit
Jan. 2001 to Nov. 2004 : Maranda High School
KCSE Mean Grade: A- (minus)
Jan. 1993 to Nov. 2000 : Mahaya Primary School,
KCPE Mean Grade: 525 marks out of 700
OTHER PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently registered with KNEC for Diploma in Purchases and Supplies Management due Dec. 2010
- CPA Part One (Section One and Two)
- Certificate in Computer Application Packages from Nation Computer College
- Certificate in Computer Accounting packages; QUICKBOOKS, SAGE and PASTEL
St. Theresa’s Girls Sec. School July – September, 2010
Data Entry Clerk
Entering students details in a program
Maintenance of the data and the program
City Business College June- August, 2010
Tutor in Business
Teaching Accounting, Management Mathematics, Business Administration, and Insurance
Barclays bank of Kenya
Sales Agent March- May, 2010
- Identifying and approaching prospective customers
- Convincing the customer to buy the bank’s products, accounts and loans
- Closing the sales and follow-up activities
- Performing any other duty as requested.
Lili Vision High School
Accounts Clerk cum Teacher January 2010 -March, 2010
- Preparing school’s expenditure and income statements
- The custodian of the school’s books of accounts
- Teaching Business Studies and Mathematics
- In-charge of examinations and result analysis
St. Terrycam Deogratias complex
Teacher May 2009 to Sept. 2009,
- Teaching Mathematics and Business Studies
- Class Teacher Form One,
- In-charge of games and liturgy
St. Elizabeth Lwak Mission Hospital Volunteer
Accounts Clerk Nov. 2008 to Dec. 2008
- Signing Petty Cash Vouchers
- Preparing Salary and Wages Slip
- Analyzing and keeping records of patients and books of accounts
Department of Sociology, Kenyatta University
Research Assistant Nov. 2008 to Dec. 2008
TOPIC “The Patriarchal System of life in Nyanza and Western Provinces”
- Collecting data through interview
- Filling in questionnaires and analysis of data.
Siger Secondary School
Teacher Sept. 2005 to Aug. 2006
- Teaching Mathematics, Business Studies and Geography
- Assistant Games Master and Girl’s football coach
- In-charge of science congress
Cent Bank Micro-Finance Institution
Branch Cashier Jan. 2005 to Aug. 2005
Duties and Responsibilities
- In-charge of Lwak Branch and its operations
- Receiving deposits, approving and issuing withdrawals
- Writing and presenting the weekly operations report
- As a teacher in Siger Secondary School, the school moved from position 23 to 6 in the 2006 District Mock.
- Championed the Siger’s Girl football team victory up to finals of the 2006 District Sports Competition.
- Awarded the best research assistant with well collected and analyzed data
- Appreciated as the most hardworking, punctual worker of Lili Vision High School.
SEMINARS AND SYMPOSIA ATTENDED
- 2010 “2nd African Synod Orbis Book Project Conference” Society of Jesus, Hekima.
- 2008 “Moving Beyond Economic Lax” Accounting Students Association Kenyatta University
- 2008 “Banc assurance” Jerim Otieno of UAP Insurance Company Ltd.
- 2007 “Enabling Business Environment for SMEs” Centre for Entrepreneurship KU
- 2007 “Focusing on the Future” Accounting Students Association Kenyatta University
- May 2007 “Good Governance and Leadership” Peace Unit Program Kenyatta University
- April 1998 “Kids Clean and Healthy Competition” Smirthkline Beechams
VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES ENGAGED IN:
- Mercy Children Home in Kahawa West organized by Kenyatta University Catholic Community (KUCC) ON 25th December 2009.
- Kirathimo IDP Camp, Limuru after Post Election Violence- Kenyatta University Catholic community.
- National Museum Kenya Walk on African Indigenous Vegetables and Indigenous knowledge.
- Kibera Slum clean up organized by Kenyatta University.
- Nyumba ya Wazee in Ruiru- Kenyatta University Catholic Community Acolytes Group.
EXTRA CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES:
- Chairman, Association of Bondo and Rarieda Districts Kenyatta University, 2008-2010
- Coordinator, Kenyatta University Catholic Community Acolytes group, 2009-2010
- Treasurer and Auditor, VIDES Kenya KU Chapter, 2008-2009
- Secretary, VIDES Kenya KU Chapter, 2007-2008
- Chairman, Mathematics and Science Club, Maranda High School, 2003-2004
- Secretary, Archdiocese of Kisumu, Bondo Deanery Altar Servers association, 2003-2004
- Member, Pro-life movement- Kenyatta University.
- Member, Kenyatta University Catholic Community Choir.
- Member, Young Christian Student member (YCS).
- Science Congress Club member.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
- Watching Movies
- Making friends
- Reading Novels.
References to be provided upon request