Assignment 2 (30%) – Due 3/02/2017
W1/Chapter 1 – What is OB?
- What is ‘organisational behaviour’ and what does the field study?
W1/Chapter 2 – Diversity
- What are the components required for an effective, comprehensive workforce program that encourages diversity?
W2/Chapter 3 – Attitudes and Job Satisfaction
- Discuss the three components of an attitude.
- What are the major causes of job satisfaction?
W3/Chapter 4 – Personality and Values
- Identify the five key traits in the Big Five personality model.
W4/Chapter 5 – Emotions and Moods
- Explain the differences among the following terms: affect, emotions and moods.
W5/Chapter 6 – Perception and Individual Differences
- Define the concept of perception and why it is important in the study of OB.
W6/Chapter 7 – Motivation
- Discuss goal-setting theory and its implications for managers. (Hint: Read Edwin Locke)
W7/Chapter 8 – Group Behaviour
- Differentiate between formal and informal groups.
W8/Chapter 11 – Leadership
- What is the difference between leadership and management?
W9/Chapter 12 – Power and Politics
W10/Chapter 14 – Organisational Structure
- What is organisational structure?
W11/Chapter 15 – Organisational Culture
- Distinguish ‘dominant culture’ from a ‘subculture’.
W12/Chapter 16 – Organisational Change and Stress Management
- List the six specific forces for change.
- What are some of the potential environmental sources of stress?
- Each Question is worth 5 Marks for a total of 75 Marks
- Answers to each question should be 50-200 words
- Number your answers correctly (i.e. 1-15)
- Answers should start from Page 2; and provide references where required.