Research Proposal on Comparative study of corporate governance policies between Sultanate of Oman and United Kingdom
Countries adopt corporate governance policies based on their internal system, social and cultural factors. Every country has to meet certain standards of corporate governance and accounting measures within organizations. To study the difference among the corporate governance policies of United Kingdom and Sultanate of Oman, this research study has been proposed.
The topic for the research is “Comparative study of corporate governance policies between Sultanate of Oman and United Kingdom”
The basic aim of this research study is to compare the practices of corporate governance in Oman and UK-based companies or organizations to analyze the difference in the corporate structure among the two countries.
Objectives of Study
The basic objective of this research study is to analyze difference in corporate governance policies of Sultanate of Oman and United Kingdom.Further detailed objectives of this study areto:
- Identify the patterns and systems of Corporate Governance in United Kingdom and Sultanate of Oman
- Analyze the difference in the structure of Corporate Governance among the two countries i.e. UK and Sultanate of Oman
- Give a clear justification for the difference of Corporate Governance
- Providing adequate set of recommendations for effective CG in Oman
For making the roadmap of achieving the set aims and objectives easy, couple of research questions has been devised which are given below:
- How well corporate governance in Oman and United Kingdom differ?
- What factors develop this difference in corporate governance system and policies of the two countries?
There are two main types of research methods. One is primary research and other is secondary research. Primary research deals with the self-collection of data and secondary research method refers to the use of already existing data.
For any research study, methodology has a crucial role.The research is based on analyzing the difference in structure of Corporate Governance among the economies of United Kingdom and Sultanate of Oman. Both countries differ in culture, values, norms, ethics, educational standards, development scale and industrial growth. Both economies are experiencing good growth rate but their cultural difference appears to be a ground base for difference in structures of Corporate Governance.