Interruption To The Organization’s Operations
STRUCTURED EXTERNAL ASSIGNMENT SEC 6010
Every organization is faced with some kind of risk or threat that could cause an interruption to the organization’s operations. These risks and threats can be internal or external. To prepare for these events, organizations must focus their attention on how to assess different types of risks to protect the organization from the possible negative effects. Performing a risk assessment is one of the most important steps in the risk management process.
A Risk Assessment is periodic assessment of the risk and magnitude of the harm that could result from the unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction of information and information systems that support the operations and assets of the organization. Many organizations perform risk assessments to measure the amount of risks that could affect their organization, and identify ways to minimize these risks before a major disaster occurs.
In this paper the student must identify the risks and potential effects associated with the areas of the organization pertaining to security and disaster recovery.
Please be sure to include the following:
- Introduction of the organization
- Overview of the IT department and personnel
- Discuss the occurrence or breach or disaster that has happened.
- Perform a risk assessment and threat identification section for the organization that you have chosen, as outlined in CHAPTER 2, 7, 8, and 9 in RISK ANAYSIS AND THE SECURITY SURVEY. This section should point out the organizations weaknesses or vulnerabilities. This will be your hypothesis as to why the breach or disaster has occurred.
- Create a response plan as identified in Chapter 14 of RISK ANAYSIS AND THE SECURITY SURVEY.
- Be detailed in your response plan as this will be the most critical part of your paper. You can create your own response plan even if the organization has its own plan. This plan will be in direct response to remedying the issues that were caused by the breach or disaster.
- 7 page minimum
NOT COUNTING TITLE PAGE, REFERENCE SECTION, TABLE OF CONTENTS
- No less than 7 pages
- No plagiarism
- APA format
- Master’s level work expected
- Correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar are essential.
- Must have a cover page with course name, student’s name, date, and title of paper.
- Pages must be numbers.
eBay Inc. is an America based MNC and e-commerce company that provides customer-to-customer and business –to-customer sales services through the internet. The headquarters of eBay is situated in San Jose California. Pierre Omidyar was the founder of ebay. He started the company in the year 1995 and gained success from the dotcom bubble. Today the operations of the company is spread over thirty countries across different continents (“Hackers steal up to 145 million user records in massive eBay breach”, 2014). The company runs an eBay.com website, which is an online auction and shopping website where both the customers and the suppliers could buy and sell their goods respectively. Other than the auction-style –shopping, the website also runs “Buy it Now” shopping through the UPC, ISBN and the other types of SKU, classified online advertisements, trading of the online event tickets and other services. Before 2015 eBay also provided the customers online money transfer facility. Though the website is free for the customers but the sellers has to pay up charges as per the items that are listed by them on the website (Romanosky, Telang, & Acquisti, n.d.). The revenue generation of eBay takes place through a complex system that comprise of fees for the services it offers, listing of the product features and a final value fee for the sales that are proceeds by the sellers. As per the record of year 2012, the nominal charges for the U.S based ebay.com is around $0.10 to $2, which is generally based on the opening or reserved price, with no adornments. In general the final amount is equal to 10% of the total amount of the sale along with the cost of the transportation.
The employees of the ebay play a great role in the day to day activities of eBay. Around 16,000 employees work for the company in different countries around the world. The company takes immense pride in its employees and takes good care of them. Since the employee satisfaction is important for the company to expand its operations in the different countries, thus proper human resource management is a major part of the company’s decision making. In terms of the technology the company has added new concepts and security features in the eBay website. The company has designed its next generation software architecture which will help the company to increase its productivity and trading speed which will the company to expand its business operations by adding new businesses. The new technological advancement of the company’s website will enable the company to run various services such as Paypal, Half.com, shopping.com and Skype.